23 November 2011

Favourite Hair Care Products

My current favourite hair products


I change my shampoo and conditioner very, very often and I'm very fussy about it too. It has to look nice on the outside, it has to claim to do incredible things to my hair, it can't be too expensive and most importantly, it must smell nice! And that's where I'm most picky, because certain smells really put me off, like for example the Schwarzkopf Asia Straight Shampoo and Conditioner. Yuck.
The sort of smells that I love are usually Herbal Essences, Garnier Fructis, all the fruity stuff. I also LOVE anything by Lee Stafford. His products smell so lovely!


  • Nivea Nutri Cashmere:
The other day, while standing in the check-out queue, I realised I'd forgotten to pick up shampoo and conditioner, so I dashed off to get some and just picked the first thing I saw, which was Nivea Nutri Cashmere for dry hair. I was quite surprised to find out it actually smelt really nice. I can't really explain the smell, but it's sort of flowery but not too sweet. I just really like it. The shampoo/conditioner itself is really good too. It made my hair nice and soft, and not at all greasy (which does sometimes happen) and the smell actually stayed in my hair after a few days, which I really like. It's also quite cheap. I got the shampoo for 3,15€and the conditioner for 3,20€ in Cactus but I've found them cheaper in Auchan, where they're 2,99€.

  • L'Oréal Elsève Total Repair 5:
I recently bought the L'Oréal Elsève Total Repair 5 conditioner, that's been advertised on the TV for the past few weeks (in England it's the L'Oréal Elvive Total Repair 5). I found it in Delhaize and got it for 4,95€ which I thought was reasonable enough. It supposedly repairs damaged hair, but since I've only just started using it, I don't think I've seen much of a difference yet, but it's still early days. It has made my hair really, really soft and manageable. I'm not quite sure if I like the smell, like I get wafts of it and I think 'ooh that's nice' but then other times I think it smells slightly sickly. It's a bit weird. But so far I do like it.


  • Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Split End Protection Cream:
I got the Herbal Essences Split End Protection Cream after having used the Beautiful Ends deep conditioner, because I really loved the smell. It's smells of raspberries, and although I don't like to eat them, the smell is delicious.I got this in July this year and haven't really noticed a difference, but then again my ends are really damaged so that's mostly my fault. I do like the product though, so once I've had the ends cut off, I'll give you an updated review. I got it in Boots for £5,10, which is slightly overpriced in my opinion but oh well.

  • TREsemmé Heat Defence Styling Spray:
I got this in July as well, because I'd heard a lot about this, and I'd never used a heat protection spray before (shame on me!) and I quite like this one. It has protected my hair whenever I've used heat (apart from those damaged ends of course) and it doesn't make my hair feel greasy or full of product which is a nice change from other leave-in products. The smell is okay, I suppose, I just sometimes feel it smells a bit like peanut butter. I know, what the hell, right? I can't explain it, it just smells like that to me. Not all the time of course, just sometimes. I think it's when I spray it on dry hair. So I just spray it on wet hair before drying it. I got it in Boots for £4.99, which I find reasonable.

Other products I like:

Lee Staffords Professional Straightning Mist
Lee Staffords Deep Conditioner For Hair That Never Grows Past a Certain Length
Garnier Fructis Nutri Repair Deep Conditioner

3 comments:

  1. I had been using L'oreal but it has increased my hair fall. Now, I have high hopes from Organic Surge!!


    Circular Insanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? I'll make sure to look out and see if it happens to me, then I'll update the review :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)