15 October 2012

NARS Collection

Hi everyone,

I seem to have started quite a collection of NARS products over the past year, which is really annoying, because they're so expensive, yet so great! I say "collection" because compared to others, it isn't really a big collection, but I don't know how else to describe it!
I absolutely adore the amazing quality and how highly pigmented the products are. They're so easy to work with, the eyeshadows go on like a dream and the blushes blend really nicely. 
I thought I'd show what I have so far, since I can see myself buying more and more on the rare occasion that my purse is full enough. Every time I get a bit of money, I head straight to Sephora and just stare at the products, then leave, then go back again and buy something. Being quite a bargain kind of girl, it's painful on my purse, but so worth it!

Eyeshadow Base
The first product I ever bought was the Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. I needed a good primer, because shadows tend to slide of my eyelids and disappear, and the Urban Decay Primer Potion just wasn't working. So I decided to try this one, and fell in love. It works so well, and a little goes a long way! My eyeshadow stays on all day and doesn't budge at all. Mine's running low (I've had it since March and I'd say I have a few months left) so I thought I should stock up while I have some money left. 
It costs 25€, which is quite a lot for a primer, and if you don't have oily eyelids, it would probably be a bit of a waste of money, but if you do, I highly recommend it!

Eyeshadows

The next product I bought was an eyeshadow. I spent a good few minutes standing in front of the NARS counter, while my boyfriend stood impatiently beside me, trying to pick which one I wanted. It was between Ashes to Ashes, Nepal and Fez. If you've seen the blogpost Haul in which I featured it, you'll know I settled for Fez, which is a gorgeous, dark, bronze colour with gold shimmer. It blends really nicely up past the crease (I usually never blend up past the crease!) and gives such a lovely summery, bronzed feel to the look!
Fez
The second eyeshadow I bought was Nepal, which is a lovely, shimmery, light, rosy champagne shade, which I wore every day in the Summer. It looks amazing as a gorgeous daytime shadow. I like blending it through the crease, with a darker shade on the eyelid, to make the look a bit softer.
Nepal
Then the most recent shadow I bought was Ashes to Ashes, of course! It is the most gorgeous, slightly taupe/violet light brown shadow, and I feel it is perfect for Autumn/Winter looks! I love it as an all over lid colour and crease colour for more dramatic looks. 
The eyeshadows cost 24€ each, which, again, is a lot, but I feel that if you want to treat yourself to an extra special eyeshadow, then you should definitely try these!
Ashes to Ashes
left to right: Ashes to Ashes, Nepal, Fez
Blush
I also bought a few blushes, since I only owned two and felt like I needed more of a variety. The first one I bought was Douceur, which is a lovely soft, pinky brown colour. I actually use this as a contour colour sometimes, as I don't really want anything too obvious, but it is of course a blush. It just gives that slight, subtle hint of colour to the cheeks, which is exactly what I love about it. It can obviously be built up for a stronger look, but I don't think that's really necessary. It's great for "no make-up" natural looks!
Douceur
The second one is called Amour, which is a gorgeous peachy pink colour. I absolutely love it, it blend so nicely for the perfect rosy cheek look. It's become my everyday blush, along with a bit of Douceur, and it really gives myself the 'just come inside after a long, cold day' look.
Amour
Finally, I also bought Dolce Vita, which is a dark, dusty rose colour. Personally, I think it's the perfect Winter shade without being too dark, so great for people like me who are too scared to go for more of a purple, berry colour, like Sin (as gorgeous as it is!).
The blushes cost 29€ (eek!), hence why I haven't bought every colour yet! But, again, if you do want to treat yourself, go for it!
Dolce Vita
top to bottom: Dolce Vita, Amour, Douceur

Lipgloss
I got this lip gloss at around the same time as the eyeshadow base, if my memory serves me correctly. It is the most gorgeous, shimmery, non sticky lip gloss I've ever tried, and it's called Super Orgasm. It's a peachy pink colour with gold glitter, and goes well with my MAC lipstick, Pink Plaid. It also looks amazing on it's own! The only downside for me is that it doesn't have a scent, and I prefer my lip products to taste like something. However, it is a pro in the sense that, I don't lick it all off within the first two minutes of putting it on.
The lip glosses cost 25€, and despite liking this one, I'm not sure I'd buy more just yet, despite the fact that they do have a lot of gorgeous colours to choose from!

Eyeliner
 

The last NARS product I own is the Larger Than Life Long Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, which is a creamy, smooth black twist up liner. It is so easy to use and stays for ages. When I swatched it for the first time, and tried to wipe it off with a make-up removing wipe, it did not budge, I had to scrub at it to get it off! The same thing happened when I used it on my eyelids on the lash line  it would not budge. I ended up using a lot of Bioderma to get it off, without rubbing at my eyes. It comes with a sharpener at the bottom of the pencil, which you can pull out to sharpen the tip, but don't forget that it is a twist up, and will get ruined if you use a normal sharpener!
It is by far the best eyeliner I've ever used and I will definitely repurchase it eventually, despite costing 25€. I think it will last me a long time anyway, so that won't be anytime soon. I also love the names of the liners, which are iconic streets from all over the world.

That sums up my "collection" of NARS products! Let me know if there are any you  have tried and absolutely love, or don't like at all! I'd love to know!

2 comments:

  1. Reading this again and am still in awe of your Nars collection!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even bigger now! :| look at how new the blushes look! xx

      Delete

Thank you for commenting :)