2 November 2012

ELF Haul

Hi everyone!

A few weeks ago ELF were having a loads of special offers and I decided to take advantage and order a few bits and bobs. The offer was "spend over 15€ and get a free mystery bag with products worth at least 11€", which sounded great since I love the idea of not knowing what I'm getting.
I happily picked out a few products I wanted and waited for my package to arrive. It took a week to arrive and when it did I was like a child at Christmas (like I said, I like surprises!) I was a little bit disappointed because they'd made a mistake and sent me products worth "only" 6.40€. After sending them an email, they were quick to reply and apologised for the mix up. They also sent out a second mystery bag to make up for it, which is really nice of them and I'm very impressed with their customer service.

Anyway, I thought I'd show you what I ordered, as well as the mystery bag contents, in this blogpost.
The first product I ordered was the Studio Blush Brush, because I wanted a smaller one for days when I just want the tiniest hint of colour. It cost €4.50 and is very soft and quite good quality. (I've heard ELF brushes are quite hit and miss with their quality, although so far all the brushes I've ordered from them are nice.)
Next, I ordered the ELF Professional Nail Buffer, which is a four-sided block, with four different steps to remove rough edges and file, polish and buff the nails. I've been getting more into nail care recently, so I thought I should treat them a bit too. It cost €1.70 and is very compact, so it's easy to store.
Then I got the Nourishing Cuticle Pen, which is supposed to help dry nails by moisturising the cuticles. Apparently it contains avocado and almond oils, as well as Vitamins E, A, C and Pro-Vitamin B5. I've used it once so far, and didn't really notice much of a difference, but we'll see how it goes. It cost €1.70.
I also bought the Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara, which has a gel and brush for your lashes on one end, and the same thing on the other end, but for your brows. I only got this for my brows, because I'll need a new one when my little Revlon brow gel runs out. It was also only €1.70 and works like you'd expect it to, keeping my brow hairs in place. I don't like using anything but baby oil on my eyelashes though, so I'm not sure I'll be using the clear mascara.
Then I bought the Zit Zapper, because I was running out of ideas of what to get. It contains Tea Tree Oil, Witch Hazel, Salicylic Acid and Camphor (and I have no idea what either of those last products are). It claims to fight and prevent acne, reduce redness and swelling and minimizes pore size. It cost €1.70, so if it works, great, and if not, oh well! 
The last product I ordered was a Mineral Lipstick, and to be honest the colour on the website looked a lot nicer than it does in real life. It looked like a very deep, perfectly ripe cherry colour, you know, when they're so dark they almost look black in some lights. Obviously the lipstick didn't look black, but very deep, dark red. It's also called Cheerful Cherry, which goes very well with the website colour. In real life though, it's a whole different story. It's more of a light red, like the cherries you can still eat but aren't perfect yet. It is described as light scarlet red with gold shimmer, but the picture doesn't suit that description, so they should probably change that. It is nice though, just not what really I wanted. It was the most expensive at €6.
Mystery Bag N°1:
I got a Nail Polish in the colour Innocent, which is a nude colour, which apparently "creates a chip resistant shield for longer lasting colour". I personally wouldn't have chosen that particular colour but it is a Mystery Bag, so you can't choose. It's worth €3 and I haven't used it yet, so who knows, it may look better on the actual nails than in the bottle. ELF do seem to have some lovely colours on the website, I don't know what the quality is like, but the colours Coral and Red Velvet look really nice.
The next thing I got was a Brightening Eye Colour in Teal Dream, which is a brightening, shimmery eyeshadow quad. The colours are quite nice, the blue and green are more pigmented than the other two nude colours. It's worth €1.70 and comes with a little applicator and a tiny mirror. I'm glad I got this, since I really wanted a blue eyeshadow.
The last thing I got was a Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Grassy Green, which is a shimmery, metallic eyeliner. It's worth €1.70 and comes with a built-in sharpener. I think it'll look quite nice applied on the bottom lash line with nude eyeshadows on the lid for a pop of colour.
Mystery Bag N°2:
 
In the second bag, I received a Cream Eyeshadow in Purple Pleaser, which is a really nice, shimmery purple shadow. I'd always wanted to try out an ELF cream eyeshadow, so I'm really happy that I got this. It's worth €4.50 and is part of the Studio line.
 
 
 
I also got a Eyeliner and Shadow Stick in the colours Purple and Plum. It's a double ended pencil that has a twist-up dark purple eyeliner and  a light beige purple eyeshadow. I really like the colours, not only does purple really suits brown eyes, they're also perfect for Autumn! It cost €4.50 and is also part of the Studio line.
 
The final ELF product I got was a Mineral Moisturising Lip Tint SPF 8 in the colour Pink and I think on the website it's called Pink Pop, but the packaging just says Pink. It's a sheer peachy pink nourishing lip tint that's supposed to moisture your lips, as well as protect them from UV rays. It contains shea butter, jojoba oil, coconut oil and Vitamin E. It's worth €4.00 and is part of the Mineral line. 

Let me know what you think of ELF products and which are your favourites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)