2 May 2014

New Hair

Before
Before
After
After
After
After dyeing my hair with box dye and hoping it would magically lighten all of my dark hair (and not just the roots, which is sadly normal since the rest of the hair doesn't take to box colour as well)  I ended up with a weird reverse ombre style. So I decided to go to the professionals in order to fix it. I don't often go to the hairdressers because it tends to cost a lot, even if you just want a trim. This was an emergency though. At least that's what I tell myself to not feel so guilty about spending so much money. (Technically it all could have been avoided if I just hadn't coloured my hair in the first place, but I wanted a change!) 
So off I went to Ferber in the Walfer Shopping Center, a bundle of nerves. I have only had my hair professionally dyed twice, both times ended disastrously. But this time I was prepared with an abundance of photos and technical terms. I asked for caramel balayage highlights and a trim. The colour turned out how I had imagined it, the cut not so much, but we'll get to that in a minute.
I didn't want a full ombre look and I also didn't want the highlights to be blonde. I showed them my photo and they said that it wouldn't go blonde anyway, which was fine. They had to dye my roots a dark brown (close to my natural colour) first and then started the balayage. (I was in the hair salon for about three hours total!) I don't think they toned my hair when they washed it, but then again I couldn't see what they were doing.  
I had asked for a trim in order to get rid of the majority of my split ends and had also said that I wanted to keep the length as much as possible as I am trying to grow my hair. I loved the length it was before I got it cut because it was the longest and healthiest it has ever been. I have only ever been happy once with how my hair has been cut and sadly this was not that time. First of all, she took off a lot more than I had asked for, about 7cm. By the time I realised, it was obviously too late. Then she cut my fringe too short, but I didn't really mind that because my fringe grows so quickly anyway and I can clip it up. Next time I need my hair cut, I'll stick to my favourite place, Lisa Emmerich Coiffure in Bereldange. Why I didn't go there in the first place, I don't know.
They styled it the way I like, straight on top with a curls at the bottom. Then I left, minus 145€. It hurt but oh well. At least I didn't look weird anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)