19 May 2014

Zoeva Rose Golden Brush Set

L-R: 106 Powder, 102 Silk Finish, 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek, 110 Face Shape, 142 Concealer Buffer, 227 Luxe Soft Definer, 231 Luxe Petit Crease, 317 Wing Liner
After hearing so much about Zoeva brushes recently, I decided to invest in a set. The selling point was the fact that the brushes have rose gold metal handles. 
I don't own a whole lot of brushes, apart from a handful of Real Techniques brushes, which, as we all know, are amazing. But I'm not the kind of person who religiously washes their brushes after every use, in fact I'm quite lazy in regards to washing them. Which is terrible because of germs. (I do own one of those brush cleaning sprays that I use on occasion but it's not the same as having freshly washed brushes.) It's just so frustrating when I'm trying to get ready and all my brushes are dirty and I just don't have the time or the patience to wash them and then wait for them to dry (which is my own fault really).
So I decided to add to my small collection. Zoeva is more accessible than Real Techniques in Luxembourg, because it's a German brand. Although instead of driving down to Trier or Saarbrucken, I ordered them online and they arrived within a few days.
Everything about them is lovely, even the way they were packaged. The set comes with a dust bag, a makeup bag and eight brushes of course. I was quite impressed with the quality of the brushes. They are all amazingly soft and actually feel a bit heavier than my other brushes. Although not too heavy, they are still comfortable to hold. They feel a lot more expensive than they are. The set cost 58€, which I found quite reasonable but I suppose that's a personal thing. Some of you might find that really expensive while others might think it's a bargain. 
The set itself is perfect for creating a full face look. You have everything you need. I personally don't use foundation but the 102 Silk Finish brush would definitely get the job done. The 106 Powder brush is perfectly sized for powdering your whole face in order to eliminate shine and the handle itself is rather short and could be thrown into your handbag for on the go powdering. The 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek brush applies the right amount of blush without being too heavy and the 110 Face Shape is perfectly shaped for contouring. The brush shape fits nicely in the hollows of the cheeks and does a good job of blending too. The set also includes a concealer brush, the 142 Concealer Buffer which is comparable to the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush in terms of size and dome shape. Moving on to the eye brushes, the 227 Luxe Soft Definer brush is comparable to the MAC 217 brush, although personally I found the Zoeva brush blends eyeshadows slightly better than the MAC brush. My favourite brush of the set is the 231 Luxe Petit Crease brush, which fits perfectly in the crease of the eye due to the slightly pointed end and it blends everything nicely. And finally, the 317 Wing Liner brush which is probably the best liner brush I have ever tried. It makes applying eye liner so easy and creates perfect wings. I have never been great at making the wings match but I found it so easy to do with this brush.
So there you have my little run through of the brushes. I would definitely recommend them because they work amazingly and because they are really pretty.
You can find them here and you can find a list of the countries they ship to here.
Have any of you tried Zoeva brushes before?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)