2 July 2014

Twisted "Plait"

I was having one of those days where I just wanted my hair out of my face so I decided to do something a little bit different and a bit trickier than the rest of my HOTDs. You'll need a lot of pins and a little elastic band. It's a bit hard to explain but I will do my best.
I started by dividing my hair into a reasonably deep side part on my left side, but it's really up to you. Then I parted my hair from the top of my head down to my right ear. I pulled all of the hair from the back to the right side, so it's ready for later.
I took two sections at the top and started twisting them, so folding one section over the other. After doing this twice, I started french braiding the twisted sections, meaning I continued to twist them around each other but I also picked up hair from either side of my head and added that to the twists.
Once I was done with that section, I started adding hair from the back of my head to whichever twisted section was at the back. Since these twists are no longer being french braided, make sure you twist the front twisted section towards the face before crossing it over the back twisted section. This will make sure that the twist doesn't come loose once you have finished it. 
When I got to the end, I secured it with the elastic band and then pinned any flyaways or any loose bits of hair. You can also hairspray it all in place if you want.
I hope that was somewhat comprehensible, although it's probably easier to watch a video on how to do it.
Big thanks to my sister Dani for taking these photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)