10 October 2014

Top 10 Lip Products For Autumn/Winter

Hi everyone,
I thought I would put together my go to lip products for autumn and winter, like I did for spring and summer (link here). I love darker lip colours, but I don't limit myself to them and sometimes prefer a light/bright lip colour. It all depends on how I'm feeling that particular day and also which outfit I want to wear and what I do with my hair. I find darker lips look better with my hair up, whereas lighter ones don't really change whether my hair is up or down. 
Excuse the noticeable difference in lighting, it's been difficult recently what with the dark and dreary weather (which I actually like, apart from when it comes to taking photos!).
Hope you enjoy this blogpost! 

1. Rimmel Apocalips in 304 Eclipse
I have a love/hate relationship with this one, because I love the deep red, vampy colour but find it really difficult to apply. That could just be me because I'm not very steady, but it goes everywhere. I like to apply a few layers to make sure it's even. I love the feel of it and it doesn't dry out too much.

2. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in 06 Roomiest Rose
My sister and her fiancé got me this for Christmas one year and I always use it when autumn comes round. I love chubby stick style lip products as they are so easy to apply and you can just throw it in your bag and reapply when needed. I don't even use a mirror when I apply it! It's the perfect colour if you want a subtle but dark lip and are too scared to try something even darker. 

3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in Crush/Béguin
This photo doesn't do this lipstick justice, as it's more purple in real life. I really love using this one when I'm in the mood for easy dark lips. It's slighter harder to apply than the Clinique one, but not as messy as the Apocalips one. Great for if you are on a budget.

 4. Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Plum Jam
This product is quite light and glossy, as the name suggests. I love the name of it and I feel like it's a perfect description for the colour. I applied it a few times when I took the photo, because that's how I usually wear it but one coat leaves a nice tint of colour.

 5. MAC Cremesheen Glass in Geo Pink
I got this lipgloss in a MAC Christmas set a few years ago, so I think it's limited edition. I don't usually go for orange colours but I really love this one. It's not a typical autumn/winter colour but I love it for days when I just want a bit of shine and a light colour. Plus I associate it with Christmas for obvious reasons.

 6. NARS Lipstick in Heat Wave
I featured this lipstick in my Top 10 for Spring/Summer, but I really love it for colder months too. It's basically an all year round favourite of mine. It can brighten up any look and you can't go wrong with red lipstick.

7. MAC Cremesheen Lipstick in Hot Gossip

Another lipstick to try if you aren't ready to commit to dark lips but want something autumn/winter appropriate. It's such a lovely light purple colour and I feel like it just makes any makeup look. 

 8. MAC Satin Lipstick in Captive
I would recommend this lipstick to anyone who wants a dark vampy lipstick but doesn't feel that purple suits them. It's a sort of muted purple/brown and I prefer it to real purple lipsticks. I adore the colour and on the days when I only apply mascara but want something to make it look like I've made more of an effort, this is my go to product.

 9. MAC Amplified in Girl About Town
Who says autumn and winter are all about dark lipsticks? I love using this colour, it's another lipstick for all the seasons in my opinion. I love how it looks with lots of liner.

10. MAC Matte Lipstick in Pink Plaid
In my MAC Lipstick Collection blogpost, I mentioned that this was my least favourite of the bunch. But I actually really love it for autumn and winter. I'm not sure why exactly, as it's very light, but it works. Another lipstick I love pairing with lots of liner.
L-R: MAC Cremesheen Glass, Soap & Glory Gloss Stick, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable, Clinique Chubby Stick, Rimmel Apocalips
L-R: MAC Pink Plaid, MAC Girl About Town, MAC Captive, MAC Hot Gossip, NARS Heat Wave

1 comment:

  1. Agh I love Girl About Town! I've been trying to get it for ages but every time there's a discount code it's out of stock... My latest discovery for autumn lips is one I spotted on Geo yesterday, it's the Rimmel Kate Moss one in 107 and it's a beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)