10 November 2014

Favourite A/W Perfumes

Hi everyone,
I realised that I haven't blogged about perfumes in ages and what with Christmas being just around the corner (how is it already November?), everyone will be looking for present ideas. So I decided to put together a small list of my favourite seasonal perfumes, as it might inspire you to buy them for someone or even to add them to your own wishlist. 
I would say I have a reasonably sized perfume collection, although I'm sure other people would consider it small when comparing to someone else's collection. I definitely have certain perfumes that I tend to use more often during this time of the year. I would describe them as heavier scents, more intense than the ones I reach for during the summer. I'm not particularly good at describing scents, so I did a bit of research (google) in order to be able to write more than "it just smells soooo good!". And yes, I am the kind of person who keeps perfume boxes. Don't judge me!
I can't find another name of this perfume, either it doesn't have one or it is just called Zara Femme (which, as I'm sure everyone knows, means woman). I bought this back in July while in Lisbon. I wasn't able to test it first, as they didn't have a tester version of every perfume and I will admit that I only bought it because the box had rose gold on it. Which is obviously not the recommended way to choose a perfume, but it worked out for the best because I adore the scent! I would describe it as sweet, spicy and slightly musky, but after looking it a up I found out that this website (which is really helpful!) describes it as a "chypre, floral fragrance" and that the top note is bergamot which is a bitter, citrusy, inedible fruit (I had to look it up as I had never heard of it before!). The middle notes are peony and vanilla which explain the sweetness and freshness of the perfume. The base notes are patchouli and musk.
I know from experience that reading about the scent still doesn't really help all that much and I would usually advise going and giving it a sniff, but as I said before they might not have a tester. I would say if you are a fan of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, you will probably like this one too, although it's a bit more musky. It obviously doesn't last all day, as it is an eau de toilette, but it's worth it for the price!

This is my second bottle of the Jimmy Choo perfume, that's how much I adore it. My boyfriend bought me a gift set a couple of years ago for Christmas and it quickly became my favourite go to perfume. I especially love it during the winter, as it reminds me of Christmas. It's a very sweet scent but it's also quite fresh, fruity and once again slightly spicy which cuts through the sweetness nicely. It is described as a modern chypre, fruity scent and the top notes are mandarin orange and pear. The middle note is orchid and the base notes are patchouli and toffee, which is funny because I really don't like eating toffee but apparently I don't mind smelling like it! It lasts a really long time and the scent gets even better throughout the day. 

My boyfriend got me this perfume for Christmas last year and it has become another firm favourite of mine. The bottle is really lovely and the perfume itself seems to last forever, as I've used it so often and it still looks reasonably full. It's another really sweet scent and it reminds me of sweets and caramel! It's a mix of fruity and floral but a little less citrusy than the Jimmy Choo perfume. 
The top notes are black current and pear, which explain the fruity smell. The middle notes are iris, jasmine and orange blossom and the base notes are patchouli, tonka bean, praline and vanilla.
It lasts an incredibly long time and I always use it on my scarves so that they smell great all day. 

This is the most expensive perfume I have ever bought! However, I've had it for two years now and it's still going strong. The bottle is absolutely gorgeous in a very simple way. The scent is quite sweet, in a fruity and floral way. Out of all of the perfumes, I find this one the hardest to describe and after looking at the website I can see why. There are so many different components to this perfume. The top notes are orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom and bergamot so quite orangey then! The middle notes are mimosa, jasmine, turkish rose and ylang-ylang and the base notes are tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver and white musk. I'm not going to lie, I had no idea what half of these things were so I had to look a few of them up. Fragrantica has explanations of all of them though, so if you are curious about what they are, go check it out. 
Personally I don't think this one lasts as long as the Jimmy Choo perfume or the Lancôme perfume and I do have to top it up throughout the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)